Base Metals Mod 1.12.2/1.12.1/1.11.2/1.10.2 is a good choice for Minecrafter who are fan of metals. This mod adds thousand of different kind of metals to the game. There are historically common metals, specifically silver, copper, tin, lead, zinc, mercury, and nickel, and the fantasy metals cold-iron, mithril, adamantine, and star-steel. For most of these metals, you can craft all of the standard Minecraft tools and metal-related blocks. Base Metals also adds a new tool, the crack hammer (aka sledgehammer). The crack hammer lets you pulverize ores and items into powders. Just like the Crusher in the Metallurgy 3 mod, pulverizing an ore block with the crack hammer will double your metal production.
- Copper: Copper is soft, easy to work, and fairly abundant. It is needed to make bronze and brass metal alloys.
- Silver: Silver is a soft, shiney metal that is valued for both is beauty and its alchemical uses.
- Tin: Tin is an extremely soft metal that is not useful by itself, but can be combined with copper to make bronze, a metal alloy nearly as strong as iron.
- Lead: Lead is a very soft metal that is best known for being very heavy and somewhat toxic. Lead tools are fragile, but can dish out a lot of damage when used as weapons.
- Zinc: Like tin, zinc is worthless on its own, but can be used to make the metal ally brass.
- Mercury: This toxic liquid metal has many alchemical uses. The Mirthril metal alloys requires mercury.
- Nickel: This metal is as soft as copper, but it has alchemical properties and forms the invar metal alloy when mixed with iron.
Metal alloys are made by crafting together the powdered forms of the required metals, and then smelting the resulting alloy blend in a furnace.
- Bronze: This alloy of copper and tin (3:1 ratio) is as hard as iron, but not quite as durable.
- Brass: This alloy of copper and zinc (2:1 ratio) is soft, but has a beautiful golden color.
- Steel: This alloy of iron and carbon (8:1 ratio) is as hard as iron and much more durable.
- Invar: This alloy of iron and nickel (2:1 ratio) is harder than steel, but less durable.
- Electrum: This alloy of silver and gold (1:1 ratio) can be enchanted like gold, but is slightly more durable.
- Aquarium: Aquarium is a magical alloy of copper, zinc, and prismarine crystals (2:1:3 ratio). Aquarium is highly enchantable and tools made of aquarium deal extra damage to aquatic mobs. Wearing a full suit of aquarium armor allows you to breath under water.
- Cold-Iron (found in the Nether): Cold-Iron is a magical metal that is as strong as iron. Tools made from Cold Iron are extra effective against denizens of the Nether and any creature that is immune to fire.
- Adamantine (found in the Nether): Adamantine is a rare magical metal that is as strong as diamond, maybe even stronger. Armor made from Adamantine grants resistance to damage and tools made from adamantine are extra effective against monsters that have more than 10 hearts of health.
- Mithril: Mithril is an alloy of alloy of silver, mercury, and cold-iron (2:1:1 ratio). It is as strong as steel and Mithral weapons are extra effective against undead.
- Star-Steel (found in the End): Armor made from Star Steel reduces the weight of the wearer, allowing the wearer to jump higher and fall slower. Star-Steel tools slowly repair themselves while held.
Also known as a sledgehammer, this tool is designed for pulverizing rocks. Using this tool on ores will cause them to drop powdered metal instead of the standard ore block. Use can then use the powdered metals to make metal alloy mixes or just smelt the powder into ingots. You can crush items by dropping them on the ground and then right-clicking on the ground beneath the items.
Mining Metal Ores
Using the CrackHammer to crush a block of copper ore into two piles of powdered copper:
Using the CrackHammer to crush a non-block items:
Most metals have all of the following recipes, but some do not have ores (metal alloys) and some cannot be made into tools. The metal used in this example is copper.
How to install:
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Download and install DrCyano’s Ore Spawn 1.10.2
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
- Done and Enjoy the mod.
Base Metals Mod 1.12.1/1.11.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.8
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.9
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12.1/1.12
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12