With Hardcore Darkness Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 you have probably noticed yourself that it is never pitch black in Minecraft. Even if you are in a cave without torches, you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. Hardcore Darkness Mod is a small change that it removes the minimum block and the sky light. Therefore, if there is no light source, it is actually dark.
I think you will find something interesting in Hardcore Darkness Mod and enjoy it all the time!
After you install the mod on your client, it will be in mode 0. In that mode, it will remove the minimum sky & block light. In HardcoreDarkness Mod 1.11.2, cfg file you can change the mode to either 1 which will only remove the block light so that while it will be pitch black in unlit caves, the surface will still be light up slightly or 2 which will remove block light and make sky light dependent on the moon phase.
How to install ?
- Download and install the correct Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Hardcore Darkness Mod.
- Run Minecraft once to ensure that Minecraft Forge is installed correctly. A Mods button should now be available in the main menu.
- Download a copy of the Hardcore Darkness Mod jar (zip) and save it to the directory %appdata%/Roaming/.minecraft/mods. The mods directory is created by Minecraft Forge in the previous step.
- Click “Load Basic Components” when you start Minecraft.
- For minecraft 1.11.2
- For minecraft 1.10.2
- For minecraft 1.9
- For minecraft 1.8.9
- For minecraft 1.8
- For minecraft 1.7.10