Surely once you’ve asked about the narrow range of enemies that exist in Minecraft, but with this mod simply can ignore that question.
The Special Mobs Mod gives you a much broader variety with mobs in Minecraft. This is a mod that is responsible for generating different variants for each of the mobs of Minecraft. Thus we will find various types of skeletons, zombies and Creepers, each one with its own characteristics of attack, life and of course aspect.
Have you ever felt that your Minecraft monsters lacked variety? Randomized textures not enough? Well, we have the solution! Introducing: the Special Mobs mod! If you’ve grown tired of the traditional mobs and you’ve learned all the tricks to avoid or protect yourself from them, then this mod is for you. It not only changes mobs aesthetically but also gives them many new abilities.
- Added special blazes and slimes.
- Added ninja skeleton and gravel creeper.
- Implemented SMTex (NBT-defined textures) tag.
- Added option to blacklist certain dimensions from spawning special mobs.
- Reduced the move speed of hungry spiders to normal and number of items they can gain health from to 64 (up to 276 health).
Each mob added by this mod has an adjustable rate that affects how common it is, from never appearing to being the only mob that ever appears! The properties file is generated in the ‘config’ folder in your .minecraft directory.
How to install Special Mobs Mod:
- Download and install the correct Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft once to ensure that Minecraft Forge is installed correctly. A Mods button should now be available in the main menu.
- Download a copy of the Special Mobs Mod jar (zip) and save it to the directory %appdata%/Roaming/.minecraft/mods. The mods directory is created by Minecraft Forge in the previous step.
- Run Minecraft and enjoy!
Credit: FatherToast | Source: Minecraft Forum