As shown in the name, Village Names Mod provides names for villages in Minecraft. The village is a nature construct of Minecraft where players meet mobs known as villagers to trade and exchange items. Thanks to buying items offered by the villagers, players can survive in the fierce Mincraft world. However, a shortcoming of the game is that none of the villages as well as the villagers have their own name. Hence, it is tough to distinguish villages in Minecraft, and the Village Names Mod was born to do such thing.
Whenever a village is generated, it also generates a sign showing a randomly generated name for the village nearby the well. An option in the configs changes the well’s rim to slabs so that villagers and players won’t get stuck inside. Now, each villager will have his/her own name. When you interact with a villager (i.e., open the trading GUI), the villager will reveal his/her name to you.
So what would happen if the village’s sign can be broken, or may accidentally not generate? Will the village not have names? Do not worry, if that occurs, you just need to right-click a book onto a villager. Then, it will record the village’s name and location into it!
Village Names requires Forge Mod Loader and Minecraft 1.11.2, 1.10.2.
How to install:
- Download and install Forge Mod Loader
- Download the mod
- Right click, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop => Open Run (Or you can use the Windows +R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put the jar file of mod into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!
Village Names Mod 1.12.2/1.11.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2
For Minecraft 1.12.2