Thanksgiving is a wonderful opportunity to teach children about gratitude, thankfulness, and history. One effective way to do so is by reading engaging books with them. “Turkey Trouble” by Wendi Silvano is a humorous story about a turkey trying to disguise himself on Thanksgiving. For younger kids, “The Thankful Book” by Todd Parr encourages gratitude and appreciation for everyday things. “Thanksgiving Rules” by Laurie Friedman focuses on the importance of manners during the holiday. Finally, “Squanto’s Journey” by Joseph Bruchac tells the inspiring true story of a Native American who helped the pilgrims on the first Thanksgiving. These books provide valuable lessons and make Thanksgiving more meaningful for children..
Best Thanksgiving Books for Kids
Thanksgiving is a special time to gather with family, express gratitude, and indulge in delicious food. It’s also an excellent opportunity to teach children the importance of giving thanks and being mindful of what they have. Below is a list of the best Thanksgiving books for kids that will not only entertain but also educate them about the holiday’s meaning.
1. “Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving” by Laurie Halse Anderson: This true story tells the tale of Sarah Hale, a woman who campaigned to make Thanksgiving a national holiday.
2. “10 Fat Turkeys” by Tony Johnston: This vibrant rhyming book follows ten lively turkeys as they get into all sorts of hilarious mischief.
3. “Gracias, The Thanksgiving Turkey” by Joy Cowley: Miguel doesn’t want to eat his turkey friend, and together they find a creative solution that shows the importance of compassion and friendship.
4. “The Very Stuffed Turkey” by Katharine Kenah: Kids will giggle along as five colorful birds try to convince the turkey to join in on the fun instead of being dinner.
5. “Turkey Trouble” by Wendi Silvano: A clever turkey dresses up as different animals to avoid being Thanksgiving dinner.
These books will not only entertain children but also foster gratitude, compassion, and empathy during the Thanksgiving season. By introducing these stories, parents can instill the values of giving thanks, kindness, and celebrating the spirit of togetherness.
Hashtags: #Thanksgiving #Books #Kids