“The Forest” is a survival game where players are stranded on a remote island filled with cannibalistic mutants. To enhance gameplay, players can use cheats or console commands to give them an edge. Some of the most popular cheats for “The Forest” include infinite health, unlimited resources, instant building, and no-clip mode. These cheats can be activated by accessing the game’s console, which can be opened by pressing the tilde key (~) on the keyboard. While cheats can make the game easier, some players argue that it takes away from the overall experience and challenge of the game..
What are the best The Forest cheats?
The Forest is a terrifying game, and it is definitely challenging, even for those who have been playing since its release.
However, if going through the vanilla game feels a bit boring — or too difficult — there are some great cheat codes you can try out.
Today, we’re looking at the best cheats and console commands you can use to make the game even better!
How To Use The Forest Cheat Codes
There are a ton of cheats for The Forest, but in order to use them, you have to know how to open the input menu!
To activate cheats on your PC, all you have to do is type in the command while on the main menu screen, and voilà!
However, this only works with a handful of cheats, which will cover below. If you want to use more specific commands, you’ll need to use Developer Mode.
First off, make sure cheats are enabled in the Game Settings Menu, and then, when you’re in the main title screen, type: developermodeon.
Now you can toggle the console using Z or turn it on and off by pressing F1. Likewise, you can display the console log using X or ~.
You can also cycle through previous commands using the up arrow and down arrow keys. If you want to execute a command, simply press enter.
Like the best GTA V cheats, there are a ton of codes you can use in the forest, and thankfully they are very simple to input once you know how!
The Best The Forest Cheats & Console Commands
Now that you know how to open the console and use cheats, we can take a look at the various codes you can input.
We’ve split this list up into two main sections, the first being the main menu cheats followed by console command codes.
So, if you’re ready to customize your survival experience, here’s our list of the best The Forest cheats:
All The Forest Game Mode Cheats
Unlike the other best horror games of all time, The Forest allows you to enter cheats right from the main menu.
These codes are the codes you can use without having to enable Developer Mode if you don’t want to.
Although there aren’t many of these codes, they can be useful for making general changes to the gameplay.
- ironforest: All buildings are indestructible.
- meatmode: The use of cheats is disabled.
- rawmeatmode: Enables permadeath mode. So when the player dies, the entire save is deleted.
- regrowmode: Makes 10% of fallen trees grow back while the player sleeps.
- veganmode: Cannibals and mutants only appear in caves.
- vegetarianmode: Cannibals and mutants only appear at night.
- woodpaste: Any holes in materials will reset after a brief period.
All Console Commands And Cheats For The Forest
If you’re after more specific cheats, you’ll need to enable the Developer Console so that you can input commands.
While there are literally hundreds of console commands for The Forest, we’ve chosen to highlight the ones we’ve found most useful.
We hope that Sons of the Forest, this game’s sequel continues with the theme of having numerous cheats!
- buildermode on/off: This cheat adds all items to the player’s inventory, disables survival mode, and turns on buildhack and godmode.
- cavelight on/off: Turns on a light inside caves that makes it look like daylight inside.
- faststart on/off: Allows players to skip the plane crash at the beginning of the game.
- godmode on/off: Makes players immortal and invincible.
- buildhack on/off: Players receive unlimited items they can use to build freely. Sort of like Creative Mode.
- cancelallghosts: Clears all placed blueprints.
- buildallghosts: Builds all placed blueprints.
- addallitems: Adds all the available items to the player’s inventory.
- addallstoryitems: Adds all necessary story items to the player’s inventory.
- itemhack on/off: Players will never run out of items, so long as they have at least one.
- survival on/off: All survival mechanics, such as eating and drinking, are disabled.
- save: Saves the game whenever entered.
- speedyrun on/off: Gives players increased speed, allowing them to move more quickly through the forest.
- invisible on/off: Players can run or walk underwater.
- killallenemies: Kills all cannibals and mutants in the game, though they will respawn after a period.
- enemies on/off: Turns enemies on and off when entered.
- additem77: Gives the player a live rabbit.
- terrainrender on/off: Turns the terrain on or off while allowing you to still walk on it.
- lightingtimeofdayoverride: Players can change the game lighting indefinitely. Options include HR:MM (for specific times), morning, noon, sunset, and night. Add one of these options after the main code.
- forcerain: Players can change the weather at will. You can choose from light, medium, heavy, cloudy, and sunny options.
- cutdowntrees 10/100%: Cuts down a specific number of trees for logs or a specific percentage of the trees in the surrounding forest.
- cutgrass 10: Cuts down the grass within a specific area.
- clear: Clears the console of previously used cheats and console commands to remove clutter.
- showgamestats: Displays all information about the player’s saved game.
- setdifficultylevel: Changes the game’s difficulty. The options are peaceful, normal, hard, hardsurvival, standard, creative, and mod.
- revealcavemap: This will open a map of all areas in the game.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list of the best The Forest cheats and found some to use during your next playthrough.
This game is absolutely terrifying, and these cheats can either enhance the horror or make things a bit easier.
If you’ve already gone through the vanilla game, we highly recommend trying out these cheats and console commands!
Are you looking forward to Sons of the Forest? Leave a comment below.
“The Forest” is a challenging and terrifying game, but there are cheat codes that can make it more interesting or easier. To activate cheats, type in the command on the main menu screen. If you want more specific commands, enable Developer Mode. Cheats include making buildings indestructible, disabling cheats, enabling permadeath mode, regrowing fallen trees, and changing when cannibals appear. Console commands include adding all items to the player’s inventory, skipping the plane crash, becoming invincible, unlimited building items, and changing game lighting. These cheats can enhance the horror or make gameplay easier.
Hashtags: #Forest #Cheats