Extra Utilities Mod are very useful and add a lot of extra convenience, but there are also a few relatively light-hearted utilities and items that are designed mainly for the sake of enjoyment and don’t really add any actual depth to the gameplay, for example, the chandelier.
It adds an assortment of random items and blocks that can be very useful: low-lag pumps and quarries, power/fluid/item transport pipes, automation, storage (item and liquid), decoration, mob traps and farming, building, and much more.
Extra Utilities Mod is a completely “Random” mod, so much, that its creator defined it as the result of joining a lot of random things that the author needed as he was playing the game, with or without other mods installed, that is, we find blocks and objects that are intended for Minecraft “Vanilla”, while others are designed to work with other mods.
The diversity of elements that adds the mod and the little connection that some of them may have with the rest, makes it difficult to explain roughly its content, though, you will find things like machines, wiring, connections, luggage, weapons, decorative elements, conveyor belts, among other things.
Another utility the mod provides is compressing cobblestone, sand, gravel and dirt. Cobblestone can be compressed 8 times with Septuple and Octuple Compressed cobblestone being resistant to the Wither. Dirt is compressible 4x whereas sand and gravel are only compressible twice.
The mod also provides low-lag alternatives to the Quarry and Pump through the Ender Quarry and Ender-Thermic Pump respectively. It also adds a low-lag fast cobblestone generator alternative, in the form of a Transfer Node with a Mining Upgrade. One of the secondary objectives of the mod appears to be to provide an alternative method of doing various normally high lag tasks, in an efficient a manner as possible.
The mod adds a new dimension: The Deep Dark – designed for mining, with vanilla ores spawning at 2x rates. Be Warned! In the Deep Dark darkness is damaging. Mobs can spawn at all light levels in the Deep Dark, although Magnum Torchs and Chandeliers will prevent spawning as normal.
Onto the actual utilities of the Extra Utilities Mod 1.7.10/1.11.2, first and foremost you have the colored blocks. The mod takes the regular in-game bricks and implements 16 different color variants of those bricks to give players a whole lot of extra variety that they can depend on during construction tasks.
- Golden Bag of Holding: A double-chest size worth of portable inventory.
- Golden Lasso: Captures passive mobs for convenient relocation.
- Paint Brush: Used to paint Colored Bricks and Colored Oak Wood Planks.
- Division Sigil: Used to do ancient rituals.
- Unstable Ingot: A dangerous item use at own risk.
- Etheric Sword: Bypasses all armor.
- Destruction Pickaxe: 5× faster than a Diamond Pickaxe destroying stone (no drop). Ineffective on other blocks.
- Erosion Shovel: Eliminates sand and gravel that is above the block being dug. Does not drop resources.
- Healing Axe: Regenerates hunger, but gives health to hit target. Turns zombie villagers back into villagers.
- Reversing Hoe: Reverses the stages of wheat. Turns dirt into grass, and cobblestone into stone.
- Builder’s Wand: Faster way to build structures.
- Sonar Goggles: Outline all ores within 5m.
- Watering Can: Early-game alternative to Bone Meal. Infinite use directly on crops.
- Angel Block: a floating block that can be placed mid-air.
- Blackout Curtains: keeps the light out of certain areas.
- Block Update Detector: checks for block updates adjacent to it.
- Chandelier: a light source that can hang from the ceiling. Prevents mob spawns within the area of effect.
- Colored Bricks: bricks painted with one of 16 colour dye.
- Wood Planks: Wood Planks painted with one of 16 colour dye.
- Compressed Cobblestone: for convenient storage.
- Conveyor Belt: a way to move items and mobs.
- Cursed Earth: mobs will spawn at a much faster rate on this block.
- Ender-Thermic Pump: an efficient Lava pump.
- Ender Quarry: an efficient resource mining machine.
- Ethereal Glass: Players can walk through, mobs cannot.
- Filter Pipe: filters the items that go through.
- Generators: produce Redstone Flux from various materials, and keep their charge when removed.
- Culinary Generator: consumes food as fuel, with high filling food providing more power and high saturation food lasting longer.
- Ender Generator (Extra Utilities): consumes Ender Pearls as fuel.
- Furnace Generator: consumes standard furnace fuel.
- Heated Redstone Generator: consumes both Redstone and Lava.
- High-temperature Furnace Generator: consumes standard furnace fuel, increasing its energy output over time as it heats up.
- Lava Generator: consumes Lava as fuel.
- Nether Star Generator: quickly consumes Nether Stars to produce a huge amount of energy. Damages nearby entities.
- Pink Generator: consumes pink coloured items as fuel.
- Potions Generator: consumes potions, with more complicated potions producing more energy.
- Solar Generator: produces energy when exposed to sunlight, charges in daytime, generates at night time (default).
- Survivalist Generator: consumes standard furnace fuel. Cheap and efficient, but produces energy very slowly.
- TNT Generator: consumes Gunpowder or TNT as fuel. Damages nearby entities.
- Lapis Caelestis: expensive block with only one color texture and no borders.
- Magnum Torch: disables mob spawning within a large area of effect.
- Peaceful Table: for peaceful mode Players to obtain mob drops.
- Rain Muffler: silences rain drop sound effects within the area of effect.
- Redstone Clock: generates a Redstone pulse.
- Sound Muffler: dampens sounds within a small area of effect.
- Sorting Pipe: inserts items into an adjacent inventory if it is empty or the same type present.
- Spikes: giant pointy spikes that deal damage.
- Trading Post: displays the trading GUI of any Villagers nearby.
- Transfer Node: transfer items, liquids, or energy.
- Trash Can: deletes items inserted.
- Filing Cabinet: stores 270 items with the same item ID.
- Filing Cabinet (Advanced): stores 540 items that do not stack but have the same item ID.
For installing Extra Utilities Mod, all you need to do is:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download Extra Utilities Mod.
- Open ‘mods’ folder found in the %appdata%/.minecraft.
- Drag and drop the downloaded mode files (.jar) to the ‘mods’ folder.
Extra Utilities Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11.2