Have you wanted to be a magician in the world of Minecraft? This is something that you can easily do with the help of the Thaumcraft Mod! Simply put, the mod provides you with a unique ability of using the magic near you and transforming items, creating fantastic stuff and perform a variety of stuff.
With this mod, you can do simple stuff from destroying a small tree to draining entire lakes, all with the power of your wand. Of course, there are multiple other things that the Thaumcraft Mod Minecraft can help you achieve, for example you can easily use it in order to spawn mobs where you see fit and at your own convenience, something you are bound to like for sure. You can even burn an entire forest if you want, all with the massive power that the mod places in your hands at all times.
Being a magician is spectacular in any game, and the same can be said by the Thaumcraft Mod and the great things it does in Minecraft. The mod does a great job in showcasing how fun it can be to wield a wand and use destructive or healing powers all over the game world. The mod manages to come with some flashy and unique sets of visuals, but at the same time it complements the way the game looks quite nicely.
Right from the start this Thaumcraft Mod Minecraft is quite easy to understand and use. You have to create your own book case, but that needs to be done after you have crafted your own wand, of course. Then you need to right click the book case and then you will be able to fully access the Thaumanomicon, which is basically a book that contains the complete set of recipes that you can use in order to craft all the items and functions.
Having a book that tells you exactly what needs to be done is a very good thing to do, and this is exactly what makes this mod shine, as there are way too many things that you can do here and without the proper guidance it would be very hard to say the least.
From recipes to actions and spawns, the mod can easily become overwhelming if you are not careful, so what you need to do is to engage in using the Thaumcraft Mod as fast as possible, learnt the recipes and become the ultimate, bad-ass mage you always wanted to be.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds:
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
Important: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
How to install:
- Download Minecraft Forge
- Right click, Run as Administrator and press OK to install Forge. (You can skip this step if you’ve installed Minecraft Forge)
- Open Start on desktop => Open Run (Or you can use the Windows +R keyboard shortcut)
- Type %appdata% into Run and press enter
- Go to folder /.minecraft/mods
- Put the jar file of mod into mods folder and then run Minecraft. Done!
Thaumcraft Mod 1.12.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.5.1
Thaumcraft Mod API (For modders)
For Minecraft 1.4.7/1.4.6
For Minecraft 1.4.5
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8
For Minecraft 1.8.9
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.12.2