What is Waila Mod?
The Waila Mod, which stands for “What Am I Looking At,” is a popular modification for the game Minecraft that provides players with information about the blocks and entities in the game world. When a player looks at a block or entity, the mod displays information about it in a small window, including its name, type, and any relevant properties or attributes.
In addition to providing basic information, the Waila Mod also includes support for a variety of other mods and plugins, allowing players to see more detailed information about complex mods and systems within the game.
The mod is highly customizable, with options to adjust the size and position of the information window, as well as the types of information that are displayed. Players can also configure the mod to work with different versions of Minecraft and to support different language translations.
But that’s not all ! Leveraging an extended NEI HUD, it is also capable of showing the name of blocks and mods ingame, right on top of your screen.
And if this is not enough, it comes with a few integrated modules to show internal information of some specific blocks. For now, BC tanks have been implemented (shows the content, capacity and amount of fluid) and IC2 machines (shows the In/out voltage).
It is a UI improvement mod aimed at providing block information directly ingame, without the need of opening an UI. It provides a small unobtrusive tooltip on top of the screen with informations about the block the player is looking at. A powerful API is provided so other modders can add their own information relative to their blocks to it.
- Information display: Waila displays information about blocks, entities, and other game elements in a small window that appears on the screen when the player looks at them.
- Mod compatibility: Waila is compatible with a wide range of other mods and plugins, allowing players to see more detailed information about complex mods and systems within the game.
- Customization options: Waila is highly customizable, with options to adjust the size and position of the information window, as well as the types of information that are displayed.
- Multi-language support: Waila supports multiple languages, allowing players to use the mod in their preferred language.
- Configurable keybinds: Waila allows players to configure keybinds for various actions, such as toggling the information display or changing the level of detail shown.
- Server-side support: Waila can be installed on servers, allowing players to see information about blocks and entities in multiplayer games.
Waila Mod Screenshots:
Waila Mod Installation:
- Download and run the latest version of Minecraft Forge
- Go to Start Menu > Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods
- Download the mod
- Move the downloaded Jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder
- Done and Enjoy the mod.
- Not much to say here. Tooltips should work out of the box in the NEI interface.
- To activate the HUD, go to NEI options (bottom left while having your inventory open) and check “Highlight Tips“.
- Run around, enjoy.
Waila Mod Download Links: